Sarasota County SWAT Clubs
If you are not a part of one of the clubs/schools listed below, please contact us to join a Countywide Sarasota SWAT club
Gene Matthews Boys and Girls Club
6851 S Biscayne Blvd, North Port
SWAT Advisor: Travis McDowell
Lee Wetherington Boys and Girls Club
3100 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota
SWAT Advisor: Geoffry Gilot
Robert & Joan Lee Boys and Girls Club
920 Gulfcoast Blvd, Venice
SWAT Advisor: Sharon Wilson
Roy McBean Boys and Girls Club
1790 21st Street, Sarasota
SWAT Advisor: Cathy Waters
Booker Middle School
2250 Myrtle Street, Sarasota
SWAT Advisor: Brooke Shapiro
North Port High School
6400 W Price Blvd, North Port
SWAT Advisor: TBD
Pine View High School
1 Python Path, Osprey
SWAT Advisor: Flo Ames
Sarasota Middle School
4826 Ashton Rd, Sarasota
SWAT Advisor: Christy Patt
Venice Middle School
1900 Center Rd, Venice
SWAT Advisor: Angela VanBuskirk
- Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S.
- Tobacco kills more Americans than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, murders, suicides, drugs, and fires COMBINED.
- Tobacco smoke contains 7,000 chemicals, hundreds of which are toxic, and almost 70 that are known to cause cancer.
- 9 out of 10 adult smokers in the U.S. started by age 18.
- Cigarette use results in an estimated 28,600 deaths in Florida each year.
- Secondhand smoke kills an estimated 600,000 people a year worldwide.
- If current trends continue, more than 300,000 Florida youth will die prematurely from their own smoking or from secondhand smoke.
- Tobacco companies spend more than a million dollars an hour in the U.S. alone to market their products.
- For every person who dies from tobacco use, another 20 suffer from one or more serious smoking-related illnesses.